Creating a love of learning within a safe, caring, respectful, sustainable environment where individual excellence and diversity is valued.
Kia ora Parents, Whānau, Caregivers and Friends of the School
With the school closure for snow last Monday, it is timely to remind parents of the procedures we follow in the event of an emergency closure.
- A notification will be placed on our Goldfields Primary School Facebook page. We have changed this page. Please ‘like’ “Goldfields Primary School” to receive notifications.
- A notification will be posted on the home page of our school website
- An email will be sent to all parents on our newsletter group
- A text will be sent to children on our bus rolls
- Listen to the Central Otago radio stations including the Cromwell Station for any messages
- As we are investigating text messaging to all parents, please advise Rebecca if your phone details change.
We do not have up to date address, phone, email, and emergency contact details for all parents. We will be sending home a form for all families to fill in and return so contact details can be checked. Please return this to the office as soon as possible.
Next week, we have 4 teams competing at the Alexandra Rippa Rugby Tournament and 16 senior children competing at Top Bike also in Alexandra. Sincere thanks to all the parents that have offered to help with supervision and/or transport for these events. We know all children will represent our school with pride.
Have you got a group together for the Goldfields FOTS Bingo night which is planned for Friday June 12th? This will be a lot of fun – tickets ($15) are available from the school office. Thanks to the parents who have already donated prizes for this event. If you are able to help with this please bring prizes to the office.
The Whanau ō Goldfields are organising a Hangi to celebrate Matariki, the Maori New Year, on Friday 26 June. Details are included in this newsletter. Thanks Karleigh and Mel for your work in organising this, and also to the parents who have offered their help. As numbers will be limited, we ask that families share a meal to enable as many families to be involved as possible. Tickets will be on sale after Queen’s Birthday weekend.
Ka pai to wiki. Have a safe week, Sharon.