The Goldfields School Enrolment Scheme was reviewed in June 2016, to take effect on 25 July 2016.
Home zone: All students who live within the home zone described below (and shown on the attached map), and in Appendix A shall be entitled to enrol at the school.
The home zone includes both sides of the road, unless specified:
- The west side of Luggate-Cromwell Road (SH6) from Queensbury (#2347 Luggate-Cromwell Road) south to the intersection with State Highway 8B.
- Along SH8B and turn right into Barry Ave (west side only).
- South along Barry Ave (west side only) to Bannockburn Rd.
- South along Bannockburn Rd to the Kawarau River. West along the Kawarau River to follow Kawarau Gorge Rd (SH6) and Gibbston Highway (SH6) up to and including #3207 Gibbston Highway (SH6).
Proof of residence within the home zone may be required.
Each year, applications for enrolment in the following year from in-zone students will be sought by a date which will be published in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. This will enable the board to assess the number of places which can be made available to students who live outside the home zone.
Out of zone enrolments
Each year the board will determine the number of places which are likely to be available in the following year for the enrolment of students who live outside the home zone. The board will publish this information by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school. The notice will indicate how applications are to be made and will specify a date by which all applications must be received.
Applications for out of zone enrolment close at the end of term 3 each year.
Applications for enrolment will be processed in the following order of priority:
- First Priority: This priority category is not applicable at this school because the school does not run a special programme approved by the Secretary.
- Second priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of current students.
- Third priority must be given to applicants who are siblings of former students.
- Fourth priority must be given to any applicant who is a child of a former student of the school.
- Fifth priority must be given to any applicant who is either a child of an employee of the board of the school or a child of a member of the board of the school.
- Sixth priority must be given to all other applicants.
If there are more applicants in the second, third, fourth, or fifth priority groups than there are places available, selection within the priority group will be by a ballot conducted in accordance with instructions issued by the Secretary under Section 11G(1) of the Education Act 1989. Parents will be informed of the date of any ballot by notice in a daily or community newspaper circulating in the area served by the school.
Applicants seeking second or third priority status may be required to give proof of a sibling relationship.
The following addresses shall be deemed to be in-zone, but only for as long as they contain children who, at the time of enrolment, are the siblings of current students.
A list of addresses deemed to be in-zone under this agreement is held at the school office
Note: That this is a very tightly defined concession. It would not apply to: Children of parents who move into the area removed from the previous home zone, subsequent to the adoption of the enrolment scheme boundary amendment; and
Children of parents currently living in the area removed from previous home zone and who move out of the area subsequent to the adoption of the enrolment scheme boundary amendment.