Pillars of Learning
Ngā pou ō te ako
The Goldfields Pillars of learning show what is important and what we value to uphold learning at Goldfields School. These pillars reflect our vision and values.
The three pillars:
- The New Zealand Curriculum and Goldfields Learner pathways – Te huarahi tipuranga
- Local curriculum is clearly linked to the NZC
- Curriculum documentation is clearly linked to the NZC
- Teacher planning shows clear curriculum links
- Positive Behaviour for Learning, Goldfields C.A.R.E values and Wellbeing
- Goldfields has been a PB4L school since 20215
- C.A.R.E values are fundamental to everything we do and the language we use across the school.
- PB4L and our C.A.R.E values are closely linked to our focus on well-being as a key responsibility of schools to provide safe learning environments for all ākonga.
- New Pedagogies for Deep Learning, Inquiry, Place and Project based approaches to learning
- We provide students with opportunities to inquire and participate in genuine learning experiences.
The New Zealand Curriculum key competencies and the Global Competencies are essential 21st century skills and run through everything that we do.
Te reo and tikanga Māori are everyday components of learning in classrooms at Goldfields school.