Snow Sports 2020
Term 3 Snow Sports Programme
Goldfields School participate in a Snow Sports programme for six weeks in Term 3 each year. This is an optional programme run on Fridays. Parents are responsible for transport to and from the mountain for this programme. Families can choose to participate in either the Cardrona or Treble Cone programme.
The programme will run from Friday 7 August to Friday 11 September (18 September postponement day) Please click on the links below for forms and further information.
Update from the Cardrona & Treble Cone teams 17/08/2020:
Kia Ora, we are looking forward to welcoming our local schools back to our mountains. We are working under a new set of protocols during level 2 and we ask for your patience & understanding as we work hard to keep our guests & staff safe & well. Please read the attached flyer information on what to expect at the resort.
- Parking – use the drop off zone at the top carpark as we are not running a shuttle service from the lower carparks.
- Ticket Office & Rental – our indoor spaces have 100 people limits on them you may be asked to que outside as we move people through. Parent passes can be purchased at the main ticket office or Slopeside office (through archway on the right).
- Cafes – the 100 limit applies and you will be asked to sign in and out. We suggest you bring a picnic and make your car your base. Or if it’s a good day you can picnic outside. Alternatively the cafes are less busy after 1:30pm
- Parent Lift Loading – the lifts are loading “bubble buddies” together & “Single Strangers” two seats apart – please respect the directions from the lifties as they organise the lift lines
- Skiing & Snowboarding groups – the meeting areas will be more spread out, look for the coloured flags that denote the zones that the groups started at – Orange – beginner , Green – learner , Blue – Intermediate, Black – advanced & Red – all snowboard levels
- Snowsports School – we are required to increase our contact tracing (done by the school) & ask that anyone feeling unwell does not attend lessons.
- Snowsports Lift Loading – we are loading Cabins & Chairs with our kids, which means we will be sitting next to them & helping them on & off the chairs as we always do. We will not be loading members of the public with our groups.
- Our instructors will be covering their mouths & noses with a ski buff or a mask & we will be keeping a 1 meter distance when possible. However we will be helping our kids up when they fall , buckling their boots, helping with their goggles & giving out high fives (gloves on) etc , therefore some contact is likely to occur through the lesson.
Please contact us if you require any additional information,
Rachael, Emma, Yoyo, DK and the team